Home Pregnancy Test Tips
Follow these tips to ensure the greatest accuracy of your home pregnancy test.
- Read the instructions! Each test is different and directions need to be followed correctly.
- Don’t test too early. It’s usually advised to wait 5-7 days after missing a period. Check the sensitivity of the test you are using.
- Know your cycle.
- Read your results correctly. Reading results too early or too late can give incorrect results. Know the test’s positive and negative indicators.
- Follow all instructions properly.
- Have a clock or timer with you.
- Use morning urine because it will have the highest concentration of hCG present.
- Know the factors that can interfere with results – for example, certain medications or medical treatments, birth control history, etc.
- Be confident when testing. Practice taking a test or two.
- Call the number on the box with any questions regarding directions or reading results. 1
- If you’re still not sure, or want a free and professional confirmation, call WOWC at (815) 408-0793. We will be glad to give you a free pregnancy confirmation.
- http://www.pregnancycorner.com/pregnant/pregnancy-test/tips.html Retrieved Sept 24, 2015 ↩